Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hugeness

I am overwhelmed. The goodness, the vastness, the hugeness that is my God envelopes me. My soul is full with His presence. I am so small and insignificant, yet His great and mighty plans somehow include me. What a mighty and gracious God! I am staggered by the bigness of the Lord. Everywhere I turn, He is there. In everything I look upon, He is present and active. He is always working, always shaping, molding, crafting, refining. I am continually in the presence, the process, the period of being made more His perfect child. I am so ashamed of my sin, my wretchedness, my worthlessness, but it is all this that draws Him to me. Through weakness, through brokenness, He is made bigger, greater, and stronger. I revel in my weaknesses because of this truth. He is all encompassing and I want always to be in His great presence-for in it I am made His.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful theme and very well-written. happy hopping for the joy of knowing Jesus and his working in our lives!

Ryan Paskiewicz said...

But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, and my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefor I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Brit said...

john 15.1-18

oh and ;-)

www.ypguybrit.wordpress.com

and yes i have subscribed to your blog..and thats a pretty big deal