Thursday, October 11, 2007

Materialism

Things, things, things are everywhere...I am overwhelmed by the mass of people. I am a material girl-as the song said in a store I shopped in today. I felt ashamed. I do not want things to define me. I am myself, alone and in Christ without anything else. Why then do I strive for worth and value in clothes, things, stuff? I am lied to and believe-just like the rest of the world. We seek fulfillment where it cannot be found. We are empty and fill ourselves with further emptiness. Identity-where does it originate...who and what is my identity...?

1 comment:

Piebald Man said...

The blessings of this world are also from His hand when received as such, shared in thanksgiving... yet if grasped and clutched, they become the focus of our idolatrous worship and the root of many kinds of evil...