Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We are what we are

I can be no one other than who I am--that is true for all of humanity--we are who we are. Often though, we fight and strive towards identities and life situations not our own. We are discontent and want something different, for whatever reason. The saying goes--"the grass is always greener." Why is that? Why is it that someone else's life is seemingly more desirable than our own? Is it the malady of all humanity to be perpetually discontent? Or rather, has society enforced this mentality? I cannot decide, but it does appear a common trend--discontentment. We are continually assailed by the demon of discontentment. "If I only..." you fill in the blank. This tormenting flux cannot be maintained for sanity. I do not have the solution, but I do think the topic should be faced and the demon ought to be fought--continually. We must learn to accept who we are...

No comments: