Monday, July 7, 2008

Being sick...

Being sick is a funny thing--sometimes. I am not very sick at present, only a little sick, but still sick. Nonetheless, this "being sick" creates a mindset which permits people certain freedoms that they would otherwise not allow themselves--it's true. We think, "I can eat that" or "I can sleep as long as I want" or perhaps "I don't have to go to work today--because gosh darn it--I'm sick." As we walk along the grocery store aisles looking for medicine, throat mildly sore and body feeling weak, we spot chocolates, sweets--things we would not consider if we were not, well--sick. "Being sick" somehow creates this pathetic sorrow for oneself--because, we say, "I'm sick. I deserve it." It's not true...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this post sparked a great conversation between jason and i the other day... he read it to me over the phone because i hadn't been on here yet, and we talked about being sick and medicine and vitamins and all kinds of other things, hehe! thank you, love! you are so right!