Thursday, September 22, 2011

Remembering my making...

Even though I am learning to sit in the stillness, I like to have it broken every now and then. I know it's good for me to learn to be still and sit and revel in the quiet and the solitude, but I have to remember how I'm made. I'm a lover of people. But, I know as I wrote yesterday that I also become "people tired." Balance is necessary for me, I am learning...

I had a coffee date with a friend today, a normally regular occurrence for me, but this week-the first of it's kind. It was difficult leading up to it in my head, having become somewhat settled in the solitary nature of my week, but once in it I remembered myself. I love people. They energize me, encourage me, & inspire me. People are my heartbeat, but sometimes, I am finding, my heart beats a little too fast and I can't keep up, and I become exhausted...

I want to learn to live well within my limits, because we all have limits. I love how my Father has made me, but as with any crafting or gifting it can become distorted and misused...

Father, teach me I pray to live wisely and well within the confines of my design. May I not abandon altogether how you've created me and how I believe you mean to use me, but teach me also to abide and learn what it means to "be still and know that you are God." I greatly desire to know & experience the abundant life you came to bring. I want to live full. And I want to live free...

No comments: