Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Inadequacy

I feel greatly lacking. I'm not sure how to meet all the needs, answer all the questions, help all the hurts, assuage all the fears--I'm not enough.

...But, in the silence a voice assures,

"I know. But I Am."

Yet, I struggle. I struggle to know the scope of my role in the lives of those who have been placed where I can touch, where I can influence, where I can help.

There seems so much, yet I am so small. How can I help? I don't feel equipped for such tasks.

Inadequacy.

I want to bear well what I've been given, but I fear I will fail. I fear failing those who have put their trust in me. I suppose I must remember the assuring Voice and recall it's not truly me in whom they put their trust. Because, if it was, I would fail.

"I know. But I Am."

I know...

No comments: