Tuesday, November 6, 2007

And the world goes on...

The sun sets early here in Northern Ireland. It takes me off guard every day when I witness the blazing sun begin to retreat behind the Muron Mountains and bid farewell to the world at half past three, nearly four. It always takes my psyche a significant amount of time adjust to the changing of the seasons and the ever-shifting mood of the sun. I have never experienced such short days in my life before being here. I have learned to absolutely chase the sun and bask in its glory for all I'm worth until I can do it no longer. With these short days has come the cold. Fall has truly come to Northern Ireland. The almost naked trees are a testimony to the time and season in which I find myself in this beautiful place. I still make myself go out for walks, despite the cold, because it will only get worse. The path I choose to walk takes my breath away daily and astounds me further at God's creative genius. The creatures that I encounter upon such outings remind me that God cares for all living things, and that He especially cares for me, His child. The colors of this season are absolutely delicious. The burnt reds mingle with the mustard yellows and cooperate in a world of blissful color. The season of fall brings with it shorter days and colder weather, but it is also accompanied by the vibrancy of color and the reminder of ones own relevance in the world. The seasons change and progress-that we would stop and survey His wondrous creation and its beautiful manifestation of life and its cycles...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this... is glorious.