Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wide Open Spaces...

The weekend was unforgettable. Kansas and a cabin offered me more solitude, rest (well, not so much rest:) rich conversation, fun and friends than I could have asked or wished for. I was loath to leave it--all of it. Jill's wedding was precious, quaint and very traditional. She was a beautiful bride. The weekend was filled with friendships revisited, wild peacocks, golden fields of wheat, outdoor showers, gardens, doughnuts at midnight, home rolled cigarettes and more. I felt as if I was in some haven where nature reigned and real life was kept at bay. I enjoyed deep laughter, no sleep, intriguing conversation and horrible eating habits. The wide openness of the Kansas sky spoke to my soul and stirred my imagination. My heart was deeply awakened by those wide open spaces and I do not believe it will ever be the same...

1 comment:

medicinal eating said...

yup, i´ll tell u wutt... kansas es da bestt plase on irth. u shudda gon muddin or drank sum wisky.