Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ireland...

I do believe it is growing--Ireland--it is impressing itself deeper into my heart and soul as time progresses. I hear the sounds of ocean on the beach--I can see the sun rising over the Mournes. The pub across the road is blaring its karaoke music--it's Friday night. The tea draws in the kettle and conversations remain to be had. Michael Longley is sitting in our living room casually dropping bits of poetry in his normal, everyday speech--wonderment. The green countryside evokes life with its vibrancy. The accents of the land tickle the imagination. My love of that land is growing, growing steadily with time and reflection. It's mark is deepening and I hope it will burn itself into me until I can do nothing but return--Ireland has indeed left its' mark...

No comments: