Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walks...

I took a stroll tonight. I needed to be alone, to think. It was a tranquil walk and gave me mental space I do not normally allow myself. I meandered a long and aimless route about campus, pondering life. It was cold, brisk and clear. My nose was quite cold. The stars were brilliant, like bright pin pricks appearing through the black paper of the deep winter sky. As I strolled, kicking rocks and contemplating the universe, analogies and seeming life lessons kept cropping up, nipping at my heels like a litter of bothersome puppies. Balancing along the curb, I thought about the tenuous balance that is life-- sanity vs. insanity, control vs. not in control--all manifested along a concrete curb. The moon shown over my head, though only half of his face peered down. He watched over me, it seemed. Wherever I wandered there he was, and realized at that moment, there He will always be...

No comments: