Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Did curiosity really kill the cat...?

I want to understand, everything. I am an extremely curious individual, and I find the world a fascinating place. I am like that obnoxious two-year old who is always asking, "why? why? why?" about everything.

I want to know why asparagus makes your pee smell funny. I want to know why 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust. I want to know why we drive on the right side of the rode. And is it even the "right" side? I want to know about the nature of belief. What is faith? Why are some people successful and others end up homeless? What is success in any case and who defines it? Is there a man in the moon? And what's his name? Why...? And what?

I want to know everything, everything I can.

And I am realizing how much I desire to pursue and befriend people who share this quality. I want to know people who are never content knowing what they know. As I myself desire to be ever growing and changing, knowing and understanding more and greater, I desire to surround myself with people who desire the same. I want to be pushed and I hope to push.

There is too much to know and understand; it's never ending. So, we as people can't ever stop asking the question,"why?" At least I can't.

No comments: