Sunday, January 4, 2009

Anti-contentment

This concept is scarce in our ultra materialistic society. Everything screams at us yelling: "You want this!" or "Just this one last thing" or "You won't be happy until you have"...fill in the blank. We are not encouraged to be content, ever. We are rather suppose to exist in a perpetual cycle of grasp, obtain, become discontent, and then begin again. It's never ending, never ending. We, has humanity are never allowed to feel as if we have enough. Why? Do we grasp simply because we can? Do we continually seek and desire more because that is where are society has arrived? I'm not sure, but I know when I do find myself becoming content, I begin to feel as if something is wrong with me, perhaps I could just go buy a new pair of shoes to fix that feeling...

1 comment:

Kinsley. said...

Oh how I love your thoughts.