Friday, October 7, 2011

Solitude and choices

I'm in a lonely season, a solitary season. And I don't love it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, and most days I want to run far far away. But, I can't. I'm just here and I have a feeling I'll be here awhile. It's good, I know. There are things I must learn as I sit in the stillness, but if I'm honest, on days like today, I don't care about learning lessons, I just don't want to be lonely anymore...

But, I'm learning that even loneliness is a choice, to a degree. Everything is a choice. We cannot control where we, or how long we're there, but we can control how we choose to act & react in that space. I may not be able to control the fact that I feel lonely right now or control how long I will be in this season of solitude, but I do have the power to choose how I will respond to these things...

So, the question is: how will I choose?

No comments: