Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The knife

Sanity is a balancing act. It is like being precariously perched on the edge of a knife. At one moment you are fine and the world is at rights with itself and you, but than the next moment, you plummet from your precarious perch into the depths of insanity. Sanity is but the width of a blade. I am amazed there are not more insane people in the world today...
I have these poignant moments in my life: when all my internal struggles are allowed to descend on my psyche like a drowning flood and cause momentary mental despair. Such is the knife analogy. Life progresses, seemingly well, and then--bam! reality, sanity is thrown into chaos. It always rights itself, usually by means of a good night's sleep, but for those moments, the knife never seems as if it will ever find equilibrium again...

1 comment:

David Gregroy said...

Sanity is but the width of a blade.... i love that